Call for Contribution
Call for Papers:
We cordially invite you to submit your work to the 10th European Conference on Mobile Robots (ECMR 2021), which will bring together researchers working on all aspects of mobile robotics including scientific foundations, applications, and analysis of mobile robotic systems.
ECMR welcomes original research papers describing fundamental developments in the field of mobile robotics, with special emphasis on autonomous systems. The conference will be single-track, and the final program will be the result of a thorough peer review process. Submissions will be evaluated in terms of their novelty, technical quality, significance, potential impact, and clarity.
The program will include invited talks as well as oral and poster presentations of accepted papers. The three-day main conference will be preceded by a workshop and tutorials day.
An important goal of ECMR is to extend the state of the art in the context of autonomous mobile systems featuring interdisciplinary approaches covering computer science, control systems, electrical engineering, mathematics, mechanical engineering, and other fields.
Topics of interest include, but not limited to:
• Mobile robot design: Wheeled and Legged Systems, Aerial Robots, Unconventional Locomotion Mechanisms, Reconfigurable Robots, Soft Robots, Biomimetic Robotics, Actuators, Sensors, Design Methods
• Perception: Environment Perception, Mapping, Localization, SLAM, Scene Understanding, Semantic Segmentation, Object Detection/Tracking/Pose Estimation, 3D Modeling, Predictive Modeling, Active and Interactive Perception, Proprioception, State Estimation, Calibration
• Planning and Control: Exploration, Navigation Planning, Locomotion Planning, Planning under Uncertainty, Model-based Control, Obstacle Avoidance, Robust Control, Safe Control
• Learning: Learning for Perception, Learning for Planning, Reinforcement Learning, Inverse RL, Deep Learning, Imitation Learning, Learning from Demonstration, Sim2Real and Real2Sim Learning, Learning-based Control, System Identification, Adaptive Control
• Distributed Systems: Multi-Robot Systems, Networked Robots, Swarms, Coordination, Task and Resource Allocation
• Mobile Manipulation: Mobile Manipulation Platforms, Perception for Mobile Manipulation, Loco-Manipulation, Whole-Body Motion Planning and Control, Multi-Contact Planning and Control, Aerial, Underwater, and Space Manipulation
• Human-robot Interaction: User Interfaces, Shared Autonomy, Human-Robot Dialogue, Human-Robot Teaming, Human-Robot Collaboration, Physical HRI, Safe Interaction
• Applications: Service Robots (e.g. Logistics, Health Care, Industrial, Inspection, Monitoring, Professional Services, Personal Robots, Social Robots), Field Robots (e.g. Agricultural and Mining, Construction, Aerial, Underwater, Space)
Selected papers will be invited for submission to a special issue of the Robotics and Autonomous Systems journal.
Paper and Video Format:
All accepted papers, orals and posters, will be included in IEEE Xplore. Submissions must be formatted in A4, two-column IEEE style. Papers can have six pages, including references. Up to two extra pages are allowed for a charge of 100 EUR/page.
• Format guidelines
• LaTex template
• MS Word template
A 1-minute video (up to 10 MB) can be added to supplement your paper. Videos are not mandatory. Rather it’s an opportunity to augment one’s paper to visibly showcase results. MPG, MPEG or MP4 video formats can be used.
Please submit your paper and possible video attachement using EasyChair !
Workshops and Tutorials:
Workshops and tutorials will be held on August 31, the day before the main conference. Workshops provide an informal forum for participants to discuss emerging and active research areas in topics related to mobile robotics. Tutorials should be designed for students and researchers wishing to learn new tools, hardware, and practices in the area of mobile robotics. Both, workshops and tutorials can be held half-day or full-day.
Proposals for workshops and tutorials should use the following template: PDF Docx
Please submit your proposal using the Workshop and Tutorials track on EasyChair !